[British-cars] Need a good restoration shop in South Bay area CA

Sean Sullivan bigoldwumper at aol.com
Mon Jun 2 23:54:45 MDT 2008

TJ,

I just stopped by a shop the other day that I had until recently never
known to exist, but they appeared to work exclusively on British cars.
They had not only TR's in their lot, but MG's, Jags, and Austin's. I
cannot vouch for the quality of their work, as I've never used them,
but they may be worth looking into. They're called the "Ministry of
Transport" and are in San Jose, off of San Carlos. They're actually a
restoration/mechanic shop, AND an art gallery...strange combination,
but very interesting. Also look into O' Connor Classics in Santa Clara
I've been to O' Conner's shop and was considering having my TR4A
restored by him, as he is a very honest mechanic with an excellent
reputation, however he always has a very long waiting list. Whatever
you do, however, do NOT take your TR to be restored by "Triumph's
Only." They used to operate out here in San Jose, but moved to
Stockton a few years back. They're nothing but trouble, ask me how I
know...

-Sean