[British-cars] 1967 MGB / smog on change of ownership question

Fred Talmadge fredtal at industryinet.com
Sat Nov 7 09:56:07 MST 2009

I may know someone who is interested in your car, especially if you are near
Eureka.

Fred

On Saturday 07 November 2009 1:15:53 am Mike Wilson wrote:
> Here's a question that some of you might be able to help with: I have a
1967 MGB roadster that's been sitting for about 6 years. We are considering
moving, and I should probably get rid of it before we move.

> Now, as I understand it, when one sells a car in CA, it is the seller's
responsibility to provide a smog certificate with the car, which would
probably be difficult. Furthermore, I was told that just because the seller
specifies "as is" in the bill of sale, he could still be responsible for
costs incurred by the buyer when they decide to smog the car. I suppose a
worst-case scenario would be the buyer saying that smogging the car required
a full engine rebuild & new exhaust, demanding that the seller cover these
costs. So the question is:  Is there some way to sell a car (with