[British-cars] 19 Years

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Apr 13 15:37:52 MDT 2010

> but I sure do
> wish people had posted to both lists and kept this one alive.

Wouldn't that kind of defeat the whole purpose of having marque-specific
lists?

If you really want to see ALL the traffic, just sign up for all the lists.

Drove the 'project' TR3 on the local club's "Rites of Spring" drive Sunday,
and had a blast.  Some folks seemed to feel we were going too fast through
the twists and turns in the Santa Monica mountains; but for once I only
wished a few times that the pace was faster <G>

Still need to do something about shocks, though.  Does anyone know a safe
reference point for adjusting Spax tubular shocks?  I backed the screw out
until it quit clicking, but didn't find a stop; then turned it in over 20
clicks without ever finding a stop.  Sticker on the shock says there are
only 16 levels, so I'm a little puzzled.  All I know now is that 4 clicks in
is way too soft for my car/taste.

Of course, the rear shocks are toast as well, they are next on my list of
things to do.

I can also report that TeriAnn's suggestion of UHMW polyethylene tape
between the rear spring leaves is working very well.  Thank you, TeriAnn!

-- Randall