[British-cars] hayden fan diagnoses

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Aug 19 21:44:06 MDT 2010

> currently have tr6 with hayden 12 inch.pusher set

So, what kind of controls do you have?

> intersted in diagnostic protocol to isolate and
> correct.

Pick some point in the circuit, check to see if there is voltage there when
the fan should be on.  If you find voltage, move towards the fan and try
again.  If not, move farther away and check there.  Fairly quickly, you'll
either find some device (fuse, switch, wire) that is not passing current; or
that there is voltage at the fan & it's not running (meaning the fan itself
is bad).

In this case, I'd probably use a test lamp with a sharp probe, rather than a
voltmeter/DMM.
http://www.harborfreight.com/circuit-tester-30779.html

Randall