[British-cars] Austin Hearse Wanted

keith.edwards at charter.net keith.edwards at charter.net
Fri Aug 20 08:02:25 MDT 2010

I have only seen pictures of A135 hearses or ambulances, and they weren't in the US.

The 1954 Austin Princess Vanden Plas limo that I owned for 20 years has been For Sale recently in Virginia Beach.  The asking price was around $1,000,000 and the claim was that Winston Churchill had once *owned* the car...  I usually told the story that Churchill had probably ridden in the car.

Originally purchased by the Lambeth Borough Council (for use of the Lord Mayor), my Princess was owned by a couple of hearse companies in the late 1950s, according to the original title.

Keith Edwards
Suffolk, VA
~4.5 old British cars