[British-cars] [PreWar] are these lists still alive ?

WSpohn4 at aol.com WSpohn4 at aol.com
Wed Mar 17 09:29:03 MST 2010

Doesn't matter.   If the crack is structural and will travel or  is
unstable it would need to be welded, which can be done with special rod and
preheating, but otherwise it just needs to be sealed, which brazing or Devcon
accomplishes.  I would pressure test it (bearing in mind that it perhaps  isn't
a pressurized system - is it thermo-siphon?) and if it isn't leaking, sand
the brazing smooth and paint over it.

Don't look for more problems than you probably have.  If the repair  seems
stable, do not be tempted to grind it all out just because it 'isn't  right'
and replace it with something else that might be cosmetically nicer but  is
mechanically equivalent.

Bill Spohn

In a message dated 3/17/2010 9:19:44 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,