[British-cars] [TR] Transmission re-build/service

csx2282 csx2282 at sonic.net
Mon Nov 14 11:19:11 MST 2011

Personally I would also replace all of the bearings and bushings, if there
are any, also.  That's what I did for my last tranny rebuild.  Yes, it will
cost you a bit more, but compared to the time and effort involved in the
pulling, disassembly, reassembly and reinstallation, it's worth it in my
opinion.

One possibility for the lower stressed synchros being worn more than higher
stressed ones is that perhaps the lower gears ones were replaced at some
point.

Roland