[British-cars] "FP" series keys?

Brian Kemp bk13 at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 28 16:36:09 MDT 2012

Bill - You might want to check with a local locksmith that has been
around for a while.   Redmond's Key Service in Redondo Beach, CA had new
blanks for my 72 Triumph TR6 and 73 GT6 on their wall.   (Understand
these may be 'new' cars compared to some of the other British cars.  The
keys were priced just like a regular new car key.  You are going to need
them cut anyway, so why not start there?  The locksmith may also have
more vendors they can reach back to for special orders if needed.

Tips - Take your car so you can test the new keys.  This is especially
important if using an old worn key as the template.  Also, use the new
keys and save the old keys, as you have now verified that they work as a
source for the the future.

Brian