Cahc digest, Vol 1 #33 - 1 msg

BJDESIGNER@aol.com BJDESIGNER@aol.com
Fri, 2 Apr 2004 09:45:03 EST

Al (Horn),
       I read your message about the change of motor oil type. I recall a
tech session at the Rendezvous in Grants Pass conducted by Bob Machirone(sp) from
Eugene, Oregon discussing synthetic oils. Not sure if it the oil you are
referring to it one of those. But, it brought up the fact that "high mileage" oils
are for vehicles that are driven high mileage in short periods of time and at
high engine temperatures i.e. taxis and police cars, etc. He described an
instance that he put synthetic oil in a Jaguar engine that he rebuilt and was not
driven "high mileage" it turned into sludge. Just a thought to ponder.
                                                             Bruce (Jackson)