Many Thanks

Carlos Cruz cruz.n.usa at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 19:32:45 MST 2008

Fellow Cascaders,

I hope this finds all you well and in good spirits.  I am reluctantly
writing this note, holding out to the last moment in search of some
hope for circumstances to change.  Many of you know that I moved to
Seattle last December to assume a new position with Washington
Mutual.  Being your hometown bank, Im sure you are all too aware with
what has happened in the last few months.  Many of us WaMulians
(thats what we use to call ourselves) were hoping for the best.

Word has come down regarding our disposition.  Of the 5,300 people in
corporate functions, 4,400+ will be laid off over the course of the
next six months - some sooner rather then later.  My last day with the
Company is quickly approaching next week.  My search for a new job in
Seattle continues but has come up empty thus far.

Since WaMu uprooted me and relocated me here, then eliminated my
position, the Company has offered to return me to the Chicago area in
an attempt to restore part of my life.  Many of you know that all of
my family and close friends, in particular my two wonderful kids all
live in the Chicago area.

With the highest unemployment levels in decades and jobless numbers
increasing each month, theres no telling how long this jobless
situation will last,.  So I find myself needing the support and
encouragement of those closest to me.  Ive reluctantly decided to
take the Companys offer to relocate me back to the Chicago area.

This means I need to resign the VP position with the Club.  The Club
deserves someone who can continue the great traditions and introduce
new experiences.  I havent been in the role long enough to say Ive
enjoyed it, but what I can say is that Ive really enjoyed the past
year with the Club.  You all have welcomed me into the Club and for
that I am grateful.

  I will always be thankful for reigniting many old friendships as
much as making so many new ones.  Like many things in life, you get
out of it what you put into it.  Get involved, help the Clubs
leadership and spend some quality time making new memories with your
fellow club members.

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New
Year.

All My Best,

Carlos Cruz