San Diego Conclave - Car Shipping Survey

Eric Dremel edremel at comcast.net
Sat Feb 2 12:44:36 MST 2008

I've had some inquiries regarding the 08 Conclave regarding the option of
shipping cars to/from San Diego.

Two quotes were solicited from FedEx/Passport and Intercity Lines. I
recommend Intercity as they not only had the most competitive price but also
better insurance and car handling protocols. I understand that several clubs
used Intercity to transport cars to last year's Conclave in Vermont without
difficulty.

The cost is approximately $650.00 per car one way. The only requisites are
that the club must designate a single pick up point & a single drop off
point and the number of cars must fill the truck to capacity which is 7
cars.

The costs associated with gas, lodging & meals to drive one way would likely
be equal to Intercity's shipping quote. When one factors in the cost of
one-way airfare this does make shipping a bit more expensive that driving
both ways. The real benefit is that it helps with those who are unable to
devote the necessary time or to drive round trip. Dare I mention the comfort
factor?

I have two survey questions:

    1) Who is interested in this option?

    2) Preferred routing?
            a) Ship to San Diego & drive back?
            b) Drive to San Diego & ship home?

I understand that some club members are not on the e-mail distribution list
so please share this information with anyone you feel is interested. Thanks
for your help spreading the word!

Please e-mail me ASAP with your survey responses. For reference, here's a
link to the Conclave website for the most current information on the event
http://www.austinhealeyconclave.com/

Eric Dremel
CAHC Activities Coordinator
edremel at comcast.net