Alfa Club of Oregon Rally School 3/15/08

Eric Dremel edremel at comcast.net
Thu Jan 31 21:52:53 MST 2008

CAHC Member Reid Trummel sent this along asking that we circulate to the
club. This would be a great prep course for the Columbia Gorge MGA Club
Classic Rally which is on our event calendar for June 21, 2008, the
Northwest Classic or or any of the Alfa Club's Rallies noted below.

Eric Dremel
CAHC Activities Coordinator

ALFA CLUB ANNOUNCES 2ND ANNUAL RALLY SCHOOL

Have you ever thought about entering the Northwest Classic Rally in August
each year, but hesitated because you didn9t know 3how to rally2?  Or have
you been running some rallies, but want to be more competitive?  We have a
solution!

The Alfa Romeo Owners of Oregon, hosts of the Northwest Classic, would like
to invite you to attend their 2nd Annual Rally School, to be conducted on
Saturday, March 15.  This one-day course will include a classroom session
with exercise, and will be followed by driving a rally route with an
experienced rallyist to discuss and apply course-following skills.

The school begins with registration at 11:00 a.m., March 15, and will be
conducted in the group meeting room at Buster9s Smokehouse Texas Style
Barbeque, 11419 SW Pacific Highway, Portland; that9s just off I-5 southbound
Exit 294 on Highway 99W.  Please arrive for pre-registration at 10:30-10:45
a.m. There is a nominal charge of $10 for the school, and pre-registration
via email to davidreich at comcast.net is encouraged.

You do not need to be an Alfa club member to attend.  Everyone is welcome!

This school is the perfect way for beginners to learn rally basics.  No
experience is necessary!  We will introduce you to the knowledge you need to
have a good time on road rallies, and to apply that knowledge on a rally
route after the classroom session.  The school is designed to give you, in
one day, the experience and skills that it would otherwise take several
rallies to develop, but without the frustration

The Alfa Club also hosts a series of road rallies from spring to fall, and
these are open to non-club members as well.  These rallies are also an
excellent way to hone your rally skills and prepare for the Northwest
Classic.  The first of this series for 2008 is the day following the Rally
School, so you9ll have an opportunity to apply what you learned right away.

So please join us on March 15 for an introduction to road rallying.  This
venerable automotive sport is surging in popularity and we want to help you
get in on the fun.  Please contact Dave Reich at davidreich at comcast.net or
503.245.5555 to pre-register.  (Pre-registration is NOT required, but is
much appreciated to help us plan for the needed number of vans and
instructors for the demo rally.)

Thanks and we hope to see you there!