Fw: Uwe Boecker

phil daniels phil.danielsbn7 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 13 15:06:03 MDT 2009

We have lost another Healey friend.

----- Forwarded Message ----
From:
Brian Drab <bgdrab at eastlink.ca>
To: AHOABC <editor at healeys.ca>
Sent: Mon,
October 12, 2009 12:06:39 PM
Subject: Uwe Boecker

Austin Healey Owners
Association of British Columbia
It is with sorrow and deep regret
that I announce the passing of our friend and Vice President Uwe Boecker.
Uwe joined the AHOABC in early 2007. He had done what so many of us have done.
He began reliving a dream.
In May of 1968 Uwe bought his first Healey a 1959
100-6. This began the lifelong love of Austin Healeys. He sold the car in late
1969 when he moved back to Germany. He returned to Canada in 1972.
In March
2007, he renewed his love for the Austin Healey andB  joined the AHOABC. In
April he purchased his dream car, a 1960 BT7, BRG. He wa to be a very strong
supportive member of the club. In December 2008 he was elected Vice President.
He became a dynamic, involved, and very well motivated Vice President. He was
an inspiration to us all an attended virtually all events.
Early this year, he
casually announced that he would not be at meetings for a few months. He
explained that he had to have a surgical procedure involving cancer. He missed
all of the summer events but kept in touch. We learned that his treatment had
not been going well and the cancer had spread.
B At the end of the summer, his
family put on a BBQ and invited friends and club members. Uwe was also a
member of the Langley Area Mostly British car club (L.A.M.B.) Together with
the LAMB we attended this event. It was a mini car show and apparently lifted
his spirits. He explained that he wanted to hear the sound of the Healeys so
all Healey drivers got in their cars and revved up their engines. Uwe had a
grin from ear to ear.
A 69th birthday party was scheduled for September 15,B
but unfortunately Uwe went into hospital the day before. Later he came home
with his family.
Uwebs family had kept the club apprised of his condition.
Earlier this week, Uwebs condition worsened, and on Oct 11 we received the
word that we had not wanted to hear.
There is an awful lot to be said about a
man like Uwe. He put his heart and soul into his involvement with the AHOABC
and I am sure the same goes for the LAMB. He was not one to shy away from
tasks that needed doing and, in fact, performed them with a seldom seen zeal
and enthusiasm.
I know all of the club join me in saying that he will be
sorely missed.
Service arrangements have not yet been made.
Brian Drab

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/png which had a name of image001.png]