McMiinnville

Richard Bittmann edmyed at harbornet.com
Tue Sep 22 23:33:10 MDT 2009

Ron,

I've experienced this many times in the past but no more.  When the carbs
flood it's usually from some grit getting into the float needle opening so the
float bowl doesn't stop filling when it should.  The needle gets blocked open
by some junk.  Use a fuel filter before your fuel pump and before your carbs
for 100% insurance against this happening.  That way any crap from the tank or
form the fuel lines will be caught before you have this problem.

Rich

ps   I took the car out for a drive and got it to engage into and disengage
from overdrive.  When I stopped I could move the car backwards without
hangoing up the roller clutch in the overdrive.  Seems like I'm getting closer
to going to McMinnville.  Tomorrow will tell.