Fwd: AH Spares Newsletter - May 2011

Dennis planezany at aol.com
Fri May 13 19:06:48 MDT 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: newsletter at ahspares.co.uk
To: planezany at aol.com
Sent: Fri, May 13, 2011 5:41 am
Subject: AH Spares Newsletter - May 2011

Now until the end of June 2011 we are offering these Lucas headlamp bowl kits
with a massive 25% discount!!!
Contact us for more information about our GREAT special offer.

LTG181K - HEADLAMP BOWL (METAL) & INNER RIM KIT - A/R

For more information please click here

New Items Available Now

We are constantly searching for items that will benefit you and over the last
month we have sourced over 20 new products. Please check our website regularly
at http://www.ahspares.co.uk/en/products/new-items.aspx for the latest news.

BOT130 - BOOT HINGE-support bracet-R/H - BN4+BT7

For more information please click here

BOT131 - BOOT HINGE-support bracet-L/H - BN4+BT7

For more information please click here

IBP305 - REAR FLOOR to rear transmission tunnel - BN1-BN2

For more information please click here

FUL228M - HEATSHIELD-100M - BN1-BN2

For more information please click here

ENG433A - ALUMINIUM BACK PLATE - BN1-BN2
Machined to clear our rear crank oil seal kit COM161.

For more information please click here

ENG433B - ALUMINIUM BACK PLATE - BN1-BN2
Machined to clear our rear crank oil seal kit COM161. USED TO CONVERT TO A
6cyl. hydraulic clutch bell housing.

For more information please click here

WHE112 - WIRE WHEEL-'72'(new) 4.1/2' - BN1-BJ8

For more information please click here

BRK104S - GIRLING WARNING STICKER-reservoir - BN1-BJ8

For more information please click here

ENG460C - CAM FOLLOWER-MODIFIED - BN1-BN2

For more information please click here

ENG660C - CAM FOLLOWER-MODIFIED - BN4-BJ8

For more information please click here

GBC273 - SEAL KIT-transmission tunnel

For more information please click here

Techno Classica Show

The 2011 Techno Classica Show in Essen was a truly wonderful event, filled
with exhibitors of vintage and classic automobiles. Over the four-day period a
staggering 178,300 visitors visited to the show.

Our stand was situated in Hall 9.0 where we displayed many of our new and
existing products. On central display we showed one of our superior chassisb
which are handcrafted to perfection. We also built up a front and rear end of
a BJ8 to show how our superior panels fit together.

We also showed our one-piece bumpers which are premium chromed for an enhanced
look and feel. Click here for more information.

We had many old and new customers come to visit us at the show and everyone
was very impressed with the quality and range of our products.

We would like to say a big thank you to everyone who came and saw us at the
show. It was great to meet everyone and we look forward to seeing you all
again next year.

A H Spares Expansion

In our last newsletter we discussed our latest expansion project. We are well
underway with our new shop and sales area and look set to finish in June.
Below are some more photographs to keep you up to date with our progress.

The whole of the mezzanine flooring has been dismantled and the walls and
floor have had their first coat of paint.

 New mezzanine flooring has been erected.

New offices and toilets have been built.

The new shop is starting to take shape. All the walls have been plastered and
painted.

Here we have taken the side of the building off to start the construction of
the new windows.

We are inserting larger windows and doors to bring in more natural light.

A H Performance and Austin Healey Racing Sweden

A H Performance and Austin Healey Racing Sweden have been working hard to get
ready for this season to test and develop more fast road and competition
parts. We are currently manufacturing, testing and extending our range of
performance parts that we offer.

Over the winter, Austin Healey Racing Sweden have been working hard on the car
and been upgrading many of its parts. Anders has been concentrating on a new
engine with a revised camshaft and new cylinder head and crankshaft designs.
He has also fitted new rear brake callipers according to bWorksb type for
testing and evaluation.

Their plans for this season include 6 races in Scandinavia starting this month
and ending in October. Their goal is to cut lap times by an average of 1
second and continue to be the fastest in their class but also to secure more
outright race victories.

For more information click here

Customer Restorations

The team at A H Spares always enjoys seeing photographs of our customersb
restoration projects and are interested in seeing the parts we sell fitted to
their cars. It makes all the hard work the staff do at A H Spares worthwhile.

Mr. R. Main, Germany

bThis is a photo of me and my daughter Rebecca at NC<rburgring last June.

The car is a 1959 3000 Mark I, Serial No. HBT7L3364. and has all matching
numbers. The last owner was a Mr. Macfarlane, who lives just north of San
Francisco, California. He bought it April 1989, and the car had already been
restored before he bought it. I tracked him down, and he told me that he
hardly ever drove the car. It sat in his garage most of the time and he
occasionally drove it on a nice Sunday afternoon. He sold it in 2007. It was
subsequently shipped to Rotterdam and arrived there in late December 2007. It
was refurbished a bit and I bought it in May 2008. The car is totally rust
free and drives perfectly. Everything works, even the overdrive. It will never
need to be restored again. I have driven it from here to Monaco and back. All
in all, I have put close to 8,000 miles on it since I bought it, and except
for a flat tyre and a speedometer that packed up while I was in the south of
France. I have had no problems with it so far.b
Mr. K. Martin, Hong Kong

bThey have a system here where you can purchase your own number plate. You
can request a certain number plate and it is offered to other people as well
and sold at auction. Therefore HK 1 would probably fetch 100,000 Pounds and
other popular numbers similar.

278 HKT is the original UK Number which I bought in Hong Kong and it cost the
minimum bid which was 500 Pounds.

The Hong Kong Road Tax is the Big Square Grey Sticker on the bottom left of
the window screen b it is paid annually b I have left the last UK Tax Disc
in the middle b both discs of course reflect the same number.

I bought the car in 1971 so I have now owned it for the last forty (40) years
which is quite a long time.

MG Midget for Sale

Specifications:

MG Midget
White
Black soft top
T reg 1979
Rubber bumpers
Triumph Engine 1500 (1479)
Black leather interior
Needs work
Great runner when she goes!

B#500.00 bargain
Buyer collects

Contact Sarah Rapp on +44 (0)7974089320

www.AHSpares.co.uk
UNITS 7/8, Westfield Road, Kineton Road Industrial Estate, Southam,
Warwickshire, CV47 0JH
Tel: 01926 817181 or +44 1926 817181 from Outside the UK
Fax: 01926 817868 or +44 1926 817868 from outside the UK