[cahc] Keeping the Healey Legend Alive on Vashon Island---Saturday, Aug 17th

Ron Layton pooksnbubble at frontier.com
Mon Jul 29 16:03:40 MDT 2013

This will be an all day, bring your own picnic lunch event.  Attendees are
to catch the 8:55 am Fauntleroy/Vashon ferry.  Try to get into the ferry
line no later than 8:30 (maybe a little earlier).

Rendezvous at Vashon's north end parking lot: when driving off the ferryat
Vashon Island, turn right at the end of the dock which leads you up hill to
the parking lot.  You'll be greeted at the parking lot entrance.

Back road tour (tour maps will be provided): We will leave the parking lot
and start the tour once all cars have arrived from the ferry.  The tour will
extend to the south end of the Isalnd and back to the Point Robinson Light
House which is located on the southeastern most point on the Island.  Cars
will park on the grass in front of the light house.  Coffee and pastries
will be there waiting for you compliments of the Vashon community.

Light House tours and car presentations (10:30am--12:30pm): Captain Joe
Wubbold, retired Coast Guard and President of The Keepers of Pt Robinson,
will be providing light house tours during which time the Island community
has been invited to come down to the park and view our legendary cars.

Vashon Winery's new cascade Club Red offering and wine tasting: Upon leaving
Point Robinson, we drive directly to Vashon Winery.  We park our cars on the
grass in front of the winery, crack open our picnic lunch and partake in
some Cascade Club Red and other Vashon Winery's fine offerings.  We remain
at the winery at our leisure for the rest of the afternoon

So, do anextra buff on that wax job and join us for a fun, relaxing day on
beautiful Vashon Island, "the Banana Belt of Puget Sound".  Enjoy the
hospitality and fine offerings at the Vashon Winery.  Let us show our
appreciation to winery owner, Ron Irvine, for registering a special label in
honor of our Club.  Oh yes, leave space in the boot for a case or two of
Cascade Club Red.  You'll be glad you did.

Contact:
Gary sipple
206-463-5560
gnsipple at comcast.net