[cahc] Reid's List - Five Great Collector Car Events

Reid Trummel editor at healeyclub.org
Sat Apr 12 16:45:16 MDT 2014

RECOMMENDED COLLECTOR CAR EVENTS

a.k.a. "Reid's List"

[If Craig and Angie can have their own lists, maybe I can too.]

As we approach summer and better weather, it's time to make plans for
enjoying the car hobby and getting your favorite car on the road.  This is
a list of five unique events that I personally enjoy and that I believe
every collector car owner in the Pacific Northwest should consider putting
on their calendar.  Each is well done and each offers a unique way to enjoy
your favorite car. You'll meet great people, you'll drive great roads,
you'll see a lot of great cars, and mostly you'll have a lot of fun!
Thanks for considering them.

Cascade Classic Rally <http://www.collegeplan.org/rally/Home.html>

http://www.collegeplan.org/rally/Home.html

May 30- June 1

Lake Crescent Lodge, Port Angeles WA

Insider's tips:  Intimate atmosphere, friendly competition

with friendly people (or do the tour if you don't want to compete),

beautiful route - a best-kept secret available to only 40 cars.

Northwest Classic Rally <http://www.nwclassicrally.org/>

http://www.nwclassicrally.org/

July 24-27

Portland OR to Salishan Spa & Golf Resort, Gleneden OR

Sold out; accepting wait list entries.

Full disclosure:  I chair this event.  You MUST do it some day -

there's a reason that it sold out last September.

Columbia River Concours
Tour<http://columbiariverconcours.com/events/concours-tour/>

http://columbiariverconcours.com/events/concours-tour/

August 2

Vancouver WA to Fort Vancouver WA (the long way)

Full disclosure:  I organize and lead this tour.

People seem to love it.  Relaxed pace, scenic route.

Includes lunch in a historic building at Fort Vancouver

followed by an exclusive docent-led tour of the fort.

Columbia River Concours <http://columbiariverconcours.com/>

http://columbiariverconcours.com/

August 3

Officers Row, Fort Vancouver WA

Full disclosure: I'm the lead judge for foreign cars.

Breathtaking setting on historic Officers' Row,

wonderful cars, quickly becoming a must-do event,

and you can enter your pre-1975 car for display only.

Oregon Festival of Cars <http://oregonfestivalofcars.com/>

http://oregonfestivalofcars.com/

September 12-14

Broken Top Club, Bend OR

Insider's tips: The drive to Bend alone is a treat,

great variety of quality cars, casual and friendly atmosphere,

beautiful setting - enter it once and you'll likely add it

to your annual must-do list.