[cahc] Upcoming Tach Sessions

Frank Hosick sidea at hosick.net
Sun Jan 5 21:54:46 MST 2014

We had a great turnout for the transmission tech sesion with Mark Jones
(30 people) and have some more coming in the next few months. If any of
these conflict with the Frostbite Tour we will work on rescheduling.

Saturday, January 25
Legal Issues of Owning Vintage Cars
Club Auto
11200 Kirkland Avenue
Suite 200
Kirkland, WA 98083

John Holmes is a Seattle attorney and British car owner with experience
in vintage car cases. He will discuss transactions involving buying,
selling, storage and repair, giving examples including cars as well as
boats and airplanes. He will discuss phrases like sold "as is - where
is" and ways to be sure we are protected as well as payment methods and
tax issues.

This session will take place in Kirkland at Club Auto, a collector car
storage and club house facility. There are vintage cars on display for
us to enjoy including many from the Lemay collection.

Saturday, February 15
Hydroplane and Raceboat Museum
5917 South 196th Street
Kent, WA 98032

We will tour the Hydroplane and Raceboat Museum and their restoration
shop. They have a large collection of old hydroplanes, including many
Gold Cup winners, as well as other vintage race boats, some dating back
to the early 20th century. There are also boat models and many working
drawings. The restoration shop has two or three projects in various
stages of restoration.

See http://thunderboats.ning.com/

March
British Car Ranch at Garage Town

We will have another of the very popular sessions with with Steve Day
hosted by Bob and Lynn Ormsby at Garage Town in Federal Way. Details
will follow.