[cahc] proposed tour in August

Lois Buhman neilandlois at comcast.net
Mon Mar 30 11:17:28 MDT 2015

Bob Orsmby and I have been working on a tour to the Spokane Highland games and
beyond.  He has put together the proposed tours along with a survey.  I cannot
send an attachment on the autotox email so I will retype the proposal for this
email.

Option 1 A
Thursday, July 30th
--Depart Tukwila around 9 AM, drive north through Issaquah to highway 203 to
Monroe.
--Drive US 2 over Stevens Pass to Wenatchee
--Drive Badger Mountain road to Waterville/ Hotel or Wilbur/Motel
--Spend the night

Friday, July 31st
--Drive US 2 to Spokane and Check into the Spokane Valley Oxford Suites
--Possible afternoon excursion to Glenn Vaughnbs Restoration Shop
--Dinner on Floating Cedars Restaurant
--Overnight at the Oxford Suites

Saturday, August 1st
--Highland Games British Car Show
--BBQ hosted by Jim Miller
--Overnight at the Oxford Suites

Sunday, August 2nd
--US 395 north to Colville and Kettle Falls
--WA 20 over Sherman Pass (highest in the state) to Republic
--Continue on WA 20 to Okanogan or Winthropbdepending on hotel availability
--Overnight

Monday, August 3rd
--WA 20 over North Cascades Highway to Rockport
--WA 530 to Arlington and then highway 9 to Bothell
--highway 9 to Maltby and Redmond then south to points home

Option 1 B

--Thursday, Friday, Saturday same as above

--Sunday August 2nd
    --Drive Surface Streets to Post Falls
    --Idaho 41 to Old Town, ID then US 2 to Priest River
    --Turn left at the light and take ID 57 to Coolinb on Priest Lake
    --Overnight at Priest Lake Inn or other spot depending on room
availability

Monday, August 3rd

    --ID 57 to Priest River, US 2 to Newport, WA 20 to ASK
    --Chewelah Mountain Road to Chewelah
    --US 395 to Colville and Kettle Falls
    --WA 20 Over Sherman Pass to Republic
    --Continue on WA 20 to Okanogan or Winthrop depending on hotel
availability
    --Overnight
Tuesday, August 4th

    --WA 20 over north Cascades Highway to Rockport
    --WA 530 to Arlington and then WA 9 south
    --Malty Road to Redmond, to W. Lake Sammamish Road and home

Option 2

Sunday, September 13th

--Depart Tukwila around 9 AM , drive north through Issaquah to WA 203 to
Monroe
--US 2 over Stevens Pass to Wenatchee
--Badger Mountain Road to Waterville or Wilbur
--Overnight

Monday, September 14th

--Drive US 2 to Spokane and then through Newport to Priest Lake, ID
--Overnight at Priest Lake Inn or other???

Tuesday, September 15th

    --ID 57 to Priest River, ID
    --ID 41 to Coeur Db Alene or US 95 with loop to bird museum
    --US 95 Plummer, ID 5 to St. Maries
    --ID 3 and ID 97 along Lake Coeur DbAlene to CoeurDbAlene
    --Overnight in CoeurDbAlene

Wednesday, September 18th
    --ID 41 to Old Town, ID and Newport
    --WA 20 to Colville and Kettle Falls
    --Republic
    --Continue on WA. 20 to Okanogan or Winthrop
Overnight

Thursday, September 17th

    --WA 20 over North Cascades Highway to Rockport
    --WA 530 to Arlington and then 9 to Bothell and  points home
--------------------------------------------Bob handed out a survey to those
who attended the tech session last Saturday.  If you received one there, Bob
and I would appreciate it if you would fill it out and either mail it to me or
take it to the meeting tomorrow night.

I will type the survey here for those who were not at the tech session:

Trips East Survey

Preferences (please number them 1,2, and 3 in order of preference)

    Spokane Highland Games                                         Option 1

    Spokane Highland Games w/Idaho tour                  Option 1

    Separate trips to Highland Games and to Idaho       Option 2