[cahc] Thursday Night Garage Association & Food Drive

Ron Layton pooksnbubble at frontier.com
Fri Nov 13 14:44:28 MST 2015

Fellow Cascaders,

I got a call last week from Louie Cohn who is the owner of D&L Restoration.
Louie has been a supporter of the Cascade AH Club for a number of years:

1.        He is an active advertiser in the Cascade

2.       He has given a tech session at his shop

3.       In 2011 he sponsored 3 trophies for the popular car show at
Rendezvous

4.       In 2015 he sponsored 6 trophies ($150.00) for the popular car show
at Rendezvous

Louie is a member of the "Thursday Night Garage Association."  He is hosting
a meeting  on Thursday, December 3rd  at his shop( 2626 119th St SW #B3,
Everett 98204) starting at 4:00 PM.  There will be a hot meal (meatballs,
hot dogs, salad, fruit etc.) for a $5.00 donation to cover expenses.  Many
of the members drive their cars to the meetings.  These are hot rods,
customized cars from the 1930's thru the 70's, and muscle cars.  They swap
information about parts, solutions to problems etc.  There will be  a food
drive at this meeting which is why Louie called me and asked me to put the
word out to our club---there is a need!

If you plan on attending please call me (425-745-0822) so I can give Louie a
head count.  If you are going to attend please bring some canned goods for
the food drive.  Louie told me that after Thanksgiving the cupboards at the
Everett food bank are bare with winter coming on.  Everett has a large
homeless and needy population.

As Louie has supported us, we can now support him and the Association with
the food drive.  If you aren't going to attend the meeting you can support
the food drive:

1.        Make out your donation check to Ron Layton.  In memo in lower left
of check write "food drive"

2.       Mail your check to me:

    Ron Layton

   15632 2nd Place West

    Lynnwood, Wa 98087

3.        I will record the names and amounts of each donation and send that
to you for your records

4.       I'll total the checks and write a personal check to the Thursday
Night Garage Association with a cover letter saying that it is from the
Cascade AH Club and give it to them on December 3rd.

I think Cascaders are a pretty giving group and this is a chance to support
someone who has supported our club for a worthy cause.

Regards,

Ron Layton (425-745-0822)