[Chapman-era] Ron Hickman has died.

Rod Bean rodbean at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 17 22:14:24 MST 2011

Thanks Phil.  Very sad.  78 isn't all that old.... or at least that's what I'll say when I turn 70 this year.  Ron Hickman has left a wonderful legacy.  Not only has he provided us Elan enthusiasts with untold hours of pleasure even as he became better known among do-it-yourself-ers for the Workmate, apparently, he was a great pleasure to talk ... er.. listen to among those who were lucky enough to meet him.

I think it's time for a memorial tour in the Elan.  I'll find some nice roads, drive around and think about how fortunate it was for us that Ron existed.

Rod