[Chapman-era] Empty trailer from MI to FL Early May possible

John Donohoe sevenamerica at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 28 21:11:31 MDT 2012

This weekend I will evaluate whether my son's fairly significantly damaged Acura can be repaired to make the drive from Florida back to Michigan.

If we can't cobble it for the endurance run north, I'll rent a simple, open U-Haul car hauler here in Lansing, Michigan and drive it empty down to Daytona Beach, Florida behind an open pickup truck in the first week of May. So, I potentially have the ability to transport a compact sized vehicle on trailer, plus any heavy bits that might go in the pickup bed. I may be able to bring some bulky items back along the same route.

Pricing will be very reasonable as all I'd like to do is help folks out and recoup some fuel expense.

Think about it, and when I post for certain that the trip is ON, PLEASE email johnd at simplesevens.org as those are the only emails I will receive until after Easter.

For those of you who know me, yes, it's the car belonging to my son Austin, who is okay after the accident, and who was recently accepted for a summer internship at Lotus Engineering in Ann Arbor, Michigan (he's in his third year at Embry Riddle University studying High Performance Vehicle Dynamics and Clean Energy -- yes, I'm one proud father :-)

Cheers,
jd