Curious

Charles Featherman charlesf@epix.net
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 19:02:20 -0400

I have scanned the archives, after joining this group, and I see others
have some of the same questions I have.

I too want to build a replica.  I have not been able to find
satisfactory plans, except for the 3/4 size plans from Mechanix
Illustrated that were published in the 60s.

Perhaps the approach of us "handymen" looking for plans, is the wrong
direction.

Would any of you actual Curved Dash owners be willing to take measurements?
What would be a big help (to me anyway) is the actual body dimensions,
as much so as plans would be.
Even better would be a "tracing" of the basic wood shapes.  I can work a
saw, jigsaw, sander, and such, if I know what I am trying to accomplish.
Photos of the CDO with a tape measure, ruler, etc., would be great.

I know I (we) are asking a lot.  But for many of us an original is well
out of reach, and will always be.  But we are willing to work hard to
bring our dream alive.

I bought (Ebay) a plastic "model" from Aurora, from circa 1962-1963,
which I believe is a 1/16 scale kit.  For some reason the dimensions do
not look right to my (admittedly) untrained eye.  I don't know of a
local museum to go see an actual CDO, or I would just go there and take
measurements myself.

Anyway, any actual CDO owners willing to take a tape measure to their
carriage and take notes?
If so, contact me on or off-list, and I will tell you what I am looking for.
Many thanks!!!!!!!

Chuck F.
NE PA