[Roadsters] 68 Datsun Speedometer issues

Charles Kyle chuckkyle at mac.com
Fri Sep 21 21:18:04 MDT 2007

Here is a speedo issue that I am having, I wonder if it could be a trans pinion solution.

for a 68 1600 in which I have put a 5-Speed tran which trans pinion should I have?  How difficult is it to replace and where is the best place to get it (I am on the east coast)?

What is occurring is that it reads approximately 10 miles faster then my actual speed.  The odometer also calculates about the same.  For instance today, after going 14 miles on a GPS the odo read 17.4.

Chuck

Hm 512-225-4501