[Roadsters] OK Ebay trash and painting thoughts

davesmbox at aol.com davesmbox at aol.com
Tue Apr 22 10:26:47 MDT 2008

OK KNOW THAT WE HAVE COMPLETELY TRASHED THE EBAY SYSTEM.

I need some painting thoughts.

My 1600 is tired (PAINT) got the rust bubbles in a bunch of spots. I am rebuilding 2 other cars a Saab Sonett and still trying to build a new 70 Solex 2000.
Heres the catch. Broke my leg. Not working . Lots of time. (Broke it pretty good too)
I want the 1600 to look good but between the Sonett and 2000 (and being out of work) don't want to pour money into it. Paint to match just to touch up is $100.With me buying the paint and spraying it myself.Painted my TR4A won't shoot a whole car again.
If I pull the trim and bumpers,tow the car. Sand and fix the rust. Sand 400 grit to dewax.HOW BAD IS THE $500 MAACO paint job. I won't let them prep it,that's the money. Is it that bad for a few years?

I'll redo when the other projects are done.
Just some thoughts?

Thanks,
Dave