[Roadsters] painting thoughts

Bubba bubwin at mts.net
Tue Apr 22 16:54:11 MDT 2008

Has anyone ever taken a car to the local High School shop class, or trade
school for paint?

My old neighbor had his IROC Camaro painted Viper blue several years ago by
the local High School (only seniors painted), and while it took 2-3 months,
it turned out as good as any shop paint job, incredible!  The months he
didn't have it, was during winter anyways (storage time) so he got to park
his winter beater in the garage during the worst winter months.  He also had
taken out the interior first, and had everything re-upholstered at the same
time.

Total cost for Base/Clear paint job was $100 over the school price for the
paint,  (about 70% of list price) and had to take the 2 student painters for
a Slurpee and a cruise!

Remember these are the painters of the future, and they need to
learn/practice.

Bob Winslade
1966-1600 Missy
1967-1600 Bender