[Roadsters] Cigarette lighter problem

Matthew A. Smith matthews517 at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 27 07:01:14 MDT 2008

Hi Everyone,

I know this is trivial, but here goes. I added an aftermarket cigarette
lighter (don't have a center console). I have it wired completely separate
from everything else in the car. (-) is to the firewall and (+) is to the
battery, thru a 30 amp fuse. Here's the problem. That 30 amp fuse blows
every other time I use the lighter. Would it be OK to remove the fuse from
the circuit? The socket is ONLY used for the cigarette lighter. I don't use
any other components in it (charger, light, or stuff like that). Should I
use a fusible link wire so it will blow slower and give the lighter time to
get hot?

Matt