[Roadsters] from Chicago to Solvang

Dave Cooke cookefam314 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 29 19:41:57 MDT 2008

Gary & Cindy,
       I was reading your Roadster post about your Solvang trip and you noted that you're from Chicago. It's good to hear there's another Midwest Roadster owner. What part of Chicago are you from? I'm out in the far northwest suburbs in Lake in The Hills and own a 69 1600. I've been tracking midwest roadster owners for a few years now and it's always encouraging to hear we have another roadster in our area, I've only spotted 2 out here in the last 18 years! Although by my count, there are over 25 roadster owners here in the midwest states.
       Anyways, just wanted to say Hello, and hope to see your ride some day. I too took a trip out to Solvang to get my roadster fix last year, and had a great time seeing so many roadsters in one place...,maybe someday soon we could get a midwest gathering of our own.

  Dave Cooke
  1969 1600
  Lake In The HIlls, IL