[Roadsters] Stock vs. Modified (was Late car Rear view mirror dims)

Matthew A. Smith matthews517 at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 30 04:05:13 MDT 2008

Personally, I like stock roadsters. If I were 5'5" and 130 lbs, and fit into
my roadster with room to spare, I'd probably have mine stock. I'm 6'1" and
over 260 lbs. I have made "adjustments".
I've owned several Mustangs. Some bone stock, some "exaggerated". The
"exaggerated" ones were more fun to drive!

In my honest opinion, if you like to drive your Roadster, by all means, keep
it stock. If you like to "drive the livin' hell" out of your roadster,
there's no reason NOT to make "adjustments". Inside every American, there's
a little bit of "hot rodder". It's the culture we grew up with.

Automotive Technology has advanced some since these cars were designed. Had
Nissan decided to put on rear disk brakes, there would be no reason for a
Volvo swap. Had they put in a decent alternator, there would be no reason
for a 10SI Delco swap. Had they put on fuel injection, there would be no
need to fuss with my finicky Solexes. Had they put in electronic ignition, I
wouldn't have a Boone EI. Finally, if they had put longer rails in the seat
adjusters, I wouldn't have 4 extra holes in the floor board! HAHAHA!

A museum piece, a trailer queen, a touring car? They're all beautiful. A
really fast "old school" Datsun that will dust a Corvette off the line and
put a big ol' s**t eatin' grin on your face? PRICELESS!  :-)

All in fun! No offense to anyone!
Matt Smith