[Roadsters] Rollbar and Ragtop: Can I have it all?

Embarq Customer andycost at embarqmail.com
Mon Aug 4 16:15:37 MDT 2008

You all probably know my opinion on the whole rollbar deal but I'll share it again anyway.  The rollbar needs to be tall enough so that when a line is drawn from the roll bar to the front of the car where it will hit the ground, the drivers head will be 2" below the line.  For a roadster that means the roll bar needs to be much taller than will fit under a top.  Anything less than that will provide no protection (ZERO) to the driver or passenger.  It is only for vanity at that point.  My advice is to leave the rollbar out and operate the top easily.

Andy