[Roadsters] Best source for selling a roadster

chalsted chalsted at comcast.net
Mon Aug 4 20:00:28 MDT 2008

I've sold one at $25k and one at $12,500 both for list members this year.
they were both very, very nice though. have also sold 4 of my own that I
built. if you would like for me to try to do this for you,  I will charge
you a negotiated percentage of the sale price for providing this service, I
have bills to pay too. anyone else might do it for free for you, that would
be fine with me, I won't be insulted. but if you want me to look, I will
need a signed contract with you that if I provide the buyer at any given
price, upon receipt of funds you will pay me the agreed upon fee or I will
handle the deal and keep my fee and give the rest to you. I have never asked
for a contract before, however recent events have shown me that although it
has been a constant in my life, not everybody will pay you what they promise
you. on a recent such deal, I ended up receiving 1/4   yes 25%  of what the
seller had told me he would give me if I sold the car for him at the price I
sold it for him at- and further told me if I so much as mentioned his name
or complained or slandered him (don't believe it's slander if I tell the
truth and I have all the e-mails) he would make sure I didn't get a penny. I
was broke as crap, unfortunately had to forego my ethics (out him to the
list) because I had the mortgage to pay and no other way to do it in time.
took what little he offered me if  I didn't tell anybody...and sucked up and
kept quiet. at least Pat Mahoney is a straight up guy, wish I could have
bought his for myself.  so anyhow, next time I provide the service there
will be a contract. if that doesn't work for you, no problem.  some people
think it takes a couple minutes of time to sell their car for them- not
exactly that easy. I also do car locating for folks. pretty good at it too
actually, can provide references or look at my own personal collection. I do
better if I sell someone a car I've built myself and have a few on hand
always that I could have running/driving within a couple days to a couple
weeks if I was motivated to work on them. playing with roadsters is my sole
source of income, I'm an old white haired retired guy ;-)  mostly just hang
out on the end of the mountain contemplating my navel and enjoying the view.
not really into working particularly hard any more. working on figuring out
how to pay for my daughter's education now....$6 and change in savings with
compounded interest since 1986.. had to open the account with $5.   woo-hoo!

Craig