[Roadsters] OT, but Datsun related

Paul 9laser3 at bright.net
Mon Aug 11 16:12:17 MDT 2008

  Bernie is a fellow crew member with Sloan Racing; twin Datsun 1600
roadsters.  He has been with us for almost 8 years now.  Next weekend he is
having a fund raiser for Muscular Dystrophy, a disease that he has.  He
watched it kill his older brother and is now watching his younger brother
with early symptoms.  I'll be at Nelson Ledges working the booth, selling
raffle tickets, and anything else I can do to support his efforts all
weekend.  Below is Bernie's letter asking for support.  His address, email
address and phone numbers are below.  Stop out at the track if you can.
Your donations will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Paul Kort

Ohio

Muscular Dystrophy

Fund Raiser

Dear Potential Sponsor,

   My name Bernard (Bernie) Schneider and I have Becker Muscular Dystrophy.
I am writing you because I am doing a Fund Raiser for the Muscular Dystrophy
Association at Nelson Ledges Road Course, on August 23-24, 2008, and would
like your company or you to consider supporting my Fund Raiser, but first,
let me tell you a little about  myself.

      As I said before I have Becker Muscular Dystrophy. I was diagnosed
with it in 1978. Over the years the disease has weakened the muscles in my
legs to the point that I am not able to walk any more. I have to ride in a
wheelchair or scooter all the time, but I do not let that keep me from doing
things I like to do. One of the things I like is auto racing and working on
cars. I am on several race teams pit-crews and also do woodworking. Last
year I was named Mechanic of the Year in the Kryder Racing Series at the
Nelson Ledges Race Course where we race and one of the drivers was Champion
of their class (G- Production ) .  Enough about me.

      Now let me tell you what I would like from you. As I stated earlier in
my letter, I am doing a Fund Raiser for MDA and would like your help. I am
asking for a donation of whatever you would like to donate (water, food,
money, etc). The Fund Raiser will take place at the 24-hour auto race at
Nelson Ledges Road Course on August 23-24, 2008. The race will start at
12:00 PM (Noon) Saturday and end 12:00 PM (Noon) Sunday afternoon. There
will also be practice, qualifying, and a night practice on Friday.  We will
have a booth set up with a racecar in it,  that you can have your picture
taken in. We will also have a 50/50 drawing during the race, we may do laps
around the race- course on, Friday night at 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM and Saturday
at 9: 00 AM  (Subject to change as time allows), in your own car and also we
are asking each team to donate an amount of money per lap that they complete
in the race. We are hoping each team will try to raise more money than the
other, and have a race with in the race.  I hope I can count on your
support.

    You can contact me at (330) 484-3827 or cell (330) 412-1518 or E- mail (
unclbobo at msn.com ).

      Yours Truly,

       Bernard P. Schneider

       4604 Ridge Ave SE