[Roadsters] ebay/paypal my 2 c

Oliver sumton at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 1 08:03:32 MST 2008

first of all, i'm not defending or decrying anyone here.  just my opinion.

just sold a transmission (not datsun) on ebay; did $1500 buy it now plus
$125 shipping.

my fees were just under $100 for listing and seller fees plus paypal.

granted, that's a bunch of cash and i'd sure like to pay less.  on the other
hand, ebay offers me a nationwide, actually worldwide audience.  the tranny
shipped to virginia from dallas.

without ebay, i don't think i could have sold it nearly as easily.

so, despite the fees, i think i'm better off.  sure i'd like to pay less.
but right now what's the alternative?

just my opinion, nfi, etc.