[Roadsters] 2008 Modesto/ Central Valley CA Polar Bear Run

Eric Gillis egillis at ceres.k12.ca.us
Sat Feb 9 15:27:04 MST 2008

To anyone and anycar (especially the Datsun/Nissan marques)

Here is the information about this years 20th anniversary Polar Bear Run from
the Modesto Datsun Roadsters:

email questions to mkiisupra at hotmail.com or egillis at ceres.k12.ca.us

Celebrating the 20th year with a run to Murphys!

Date:  Saturday, March 1, 2008

Starting From: Meet at the Chevron in Oakdale, across from Hershey's Chocolate
on Albers Road.  We will leave the Oakdale at 9:00 a.m.  Maps and tour info
will be passed out before we leave.

Length: We will travel about 150 miles, starting with the twists along valley
river roads, foothill roads to San Andreas, then onto lunch at Murphys, plan
upon returning to the Modesto area by 3-4 PM.

Car Prep:  Be sure to fill your tank up prior to 9 a.m., working CB radio, and
of course - TOPS DOWN!

Lunch:  Bring something to share for a potluck, and bring along your own
plate, table service, and something to drink.  Lunch will be at the park
gazebo in downtown Murphys.  Enjoy your friends (and perhaps make some new
ones), chat, relax, and share tales of roadsters.

Dash Plaques/Decals:  We will have an event decal and a memento for proof of
your great time in the valley, during late winter 2008!

Raffle:  We will have a raffle to offer at lunchtime, any raffle prizes are
welcomed and appreciated.  $1.00 per ticket.

Our 20th annual run is dedicated to the memory of Paul Smith.  Thank you for
joining us this year and have a safe, fun trip!!