[Roadsters] spray on clear paint protection

Eric Hoffman ericerichoffman at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 13 13:13:34 MST 2008

Due to me putting big fat wide wheels and high performance tires (and because of the shape of the car) my Opel GT was getting stone chips behind each wheel at a alarming rate.  I was an inch away from getting the 3M Clearbra solution when I found out that there is a clear rock guard paint.  It's a two part product that must be applied by a body shop.  There are two manufacturers: Armor Coat

  http://armorcoat.armorauto.com/

  and Dominion Sure Seal (which is much cheaper and I have not tried it)

  http://www.dominionsureseal.com/productsdetails.asp?id=313&catid=39

  On the Ferrari Chat website a guy posted pictures of the excellent results with the Armor Coat product, I can't find the link but it shouldn't be hard to find.

  Hope that's interesting,

  Eric Hoffman