[Roadsters] Rain-X

RWM (Out of the Office) RWM at RWMann.com
Fri Feb 15 04:32:04 MST 2008

In my experience, it requires 2-3 applications for best results
whereupon it works well on windshields for 60-90 days (depending on
season; less in summer heat).  If the wipers are used heavily, it
degrades sooner in the area swept/scraped by the wiper blades.  Works
for a longer time on side and back windows not subject to
wind/rain/wiper impact.

Factoid:  the original application for the same chemical formulation was
for aircraft windscreens, to supplement or replace wiper use on final
approach, landing and rollout.

- Bob Mann, '68 2000 Solex  (and other Rain-X coated vehicles)