[Roadsters] soft tops

dave daveandlindab at comcast.net
Tue Feb 19 22:19:33 MST 2008

Will you be installing it yourself, or having a shop do it?  Reason I ask is
most shops will quote an installed price, including the top.  Around here,
If you provide your own top, the cost to put it on plus the price you paid
of the top is usually a lot more than the price quoted for an installed top.
I installed my own by myself, it was not the hardest job I've done, but it
was very tedious. It's about 90% correct, I think could have been better if
installed by an expert.  Flip side, I hardly ever put the top up.
As far as what top to buy, IMHO it depends on how much use it will get.
Daily driver, up and down a lot, I would get the best I could afford.  My
case, middle of the road vinyl is fine.  I'm told the zip down window is
nice, as is the tinted windows, especially if you get a lot of sun.