[Roadsters] soft tops

Oliver sumton at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 20 20:36:39 MST 2008

we're old.  just like our cars.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Gary and Cindy Ault
  To: Keith0alan at aol.com ; sumton at sbcglobal.net ;
datsun-roadsters at autox.team.net
  Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2008 8:39 PM
  Subject: Re: [Roadsters] soft tops

  Geeeez!  I had no idea there were so many softies out there!  In 1972, I
took my roadster from Orange County to Parker Dam in mid-summer.  Given
everything we needed to take for the weekend, I had a choice between the top
and the spare.  So, we left the top at home.  It was hotter then H___ driving
over. Even the air coming in through the vent windows, turned so they caught
the air, was hot.  Now, the drive back through the sandstorm near Twentynine
Palms and the cold and rain re-entering the LA basin on Sunday were pretty
miserable.  But the desert without the top?  Bearable.

  Gary