[Roadsters] semi-OT: Bounce Sheets?

Mark Sedlack msedlack at neo.rr.com
Sun Feb 24 09:24:11 MST 2008

My dad has been using them for year in his antiques (1930 Chrysler Model 66,
'31 Model A, and '73 450SL) on the advice of another guy in his club.  I
started using them 12 or so years ago when I first finished resto-modding
our 280Z.  For whatever reason, the mice cannot stand the smell of them, and
neither of us has had any mice in any of our cars, even though there's
"evidence" of them elsewhere in the garage.  Not to mention the side benefit
of the cars smelling fresh in the spring....

During construction of the "R", one winter it sat with with the body on the
stand, and the frame below, with as yet unrebuilit motor in the frame.  I
had finished building the headers, and had the exhaust mocked up, with just
straight tubes running along the frame.  Since the car wasn't completed, I
hadn't done any Bounce.  Come spring when I started taking things apart to
tear down the motor, I unbolted the exhaust, pulled the heads, and every
single exhaust port was full of seeds - seems the furry little buggers loved
using the tubes as a raceway to their storage locker.  Yet they had
completely ignored the Bounce'd Z, sitting right next to it.

I used to use D-con with great success, but since our Jack Russell Roscoe
loves to hang out in the shop with me, I don't feel comfortable putting it
out where he might get into it.
Mark