[Roadsters] clicking noise with clutch

Bubba bubwin at mts.net
Thu Feb 28 16:12:20 MST 2008

Sounds a lot like a chipped tooth on the drive side of one of the
countershaft drive gears, or a bearing in the counter shaft.  These gears
would have pressure on them when driving in 1,2,3, but not 4th, (assuming a
4 speed trans) but not when coasting, in neutral or clutch depressed.  In
4th the counter shaft is just along for the ride, being driven, but not
under load.  The input and output shafts are locked together in 4th gear.

Bob Winslade
1966-1600 Missy
1967-1600 Bender