[Roadsters] clicking noise with clutch

Mike H. twobeaners at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 28 20:58:33 MST 2008

Only a thought,
Assuming it's a 4-speed, when you can, drop the pan on the transmission and
inspect for sloppy movement of the countershaft cluster, and broken or
chipped gears as suggested. IMHO the front thrust washer on the countershaft
in 4-speeds have a poor design. I've had to replace them where they chewed
up the housing in two transmissions. I hope that's not your problem.
Mike Hudson  '67 - Stroker / 5-speed