[Roadsters] 160 MPH speedo.

Matthew A. Smith matthews517 at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 29 17:16:08 MST 2008

Oops.
Sorry John. Your reply was in my 'suspect email' bin. I don't even WANT to
know why!!! HAHAHAHA!
Part of the reason I'm asking is that Loreli is, and as near as I can tell
from the records I have, always has been, a 70' 2000 Solex roadster. She has
a 140 speedo. Because my speedo is 20% off (higher than actual), I've buried
it more than once. It was fun, but I knew it wasn't true. If I'd had balls
to reach for my camera at 115+, I'd have taken a picture of it! I cannot
believe the "books" that say this car has 126 MPH top speed. I was only at
5800 RPM in 5th and my foot was DEFINITELY not on the floor!

The answer is yes... if I put a 160 MPH speedo in my car... it MOST
DEFINITELY will go faster! LMAO!
Matt