[Roadsters] Clutch Adjustment

steb stebharvey at ameritech.net
Mon May 26 04:54:36 MDT 2008

Group,

The clutch reservoir did turn out to be bad (stuck) with the piston not
moving either direction. I'll try soaking it to see if I can get the
piston out of the housing. Maybe I can save it for a spare. I looked in
my extensive parts department (garage attic) and found a brand new
reservoir with the receipt from 1995. Price, $36.35 including tax!

I now have good clutch pressure but the clutch engages right at the
floor. I'm having a brain fart trying to figure out which direction to
adjust the piston rod in order to have the clutch engage an inch or two
from the bottom of the clutch pedal stroke. Any ideas?

Steve Harvey
P.S. If you see a Vet today, thank him or her.