[Roadsters] OT: vintage pics for aircraft buffs

Gary McCormick gkmcc at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 28 10:29:41 MDT 2008

Those "round motors" sure sound great, but oh! the sound of a Merlin! V-12, 1710 CI... I get shivers down my spine just thinking about it...

Gary McCormick
San Jose, CA
(Flashing back to my ride in a P-51 Mustang, 10 years ago - 250 knots IAS, 50 feet off the deck - Sweet Mother of Pearl!)

RWM <RWM at RWMann.com> wrote: There is an A-12 on the deck of the U.S.S. Intrepid -- which NYC hopes
to get back in a year or so after it is refitted.

Not sure where it originated or its planned route of flight, but late
Monday afternoon we had a B-17 at about 5,000 feet and climbing out over
Oyster Bay/Long Island Sound headed roughly north-west. No red fin, so
it wasn't the Collings airplane "909".  Can't mistake the sound of those
radials at high power.

You are subscribed as gkmcc at sbcglobal.net