[Roadsters] Idle on a R series stroker?

Daryl Smith drlsmith at dccnet.com
Fri May 30 18:53:58 MDT 2008

I have got the idle down to ~850 rpm on my stroker. There is a miss I have
been fighting with, thinking it was a tuning/software/fueling issue.
Cam is 270* advertised, 224* @ .050" so I SHOULD be able to get it to 700 -
750 rpm.

With some work the last couple of days it looks like it might be a hardware
issue with the ignition. I'll have to go over my wiring and check the runout
on my crank trigger.

BUT, I was wondering what other people are getting for an idle with their
stroker engines? There is someone else up here that thinks they also have a
270* cam, with a little more valve lift, whose idle is over 1000 rpm........

Anyone getting an idle in the 700 - 800 rpm range?

Daryl
'66 1800cc stroker, EFI, EDIS ignition.