[Roadsters] OT- new ebay rules what the heck?

Tom @ Datsun2000 tom at datsun2000.com
Thu Oct 2 12:02:21 MDT 2008

I kind of understand the shipping fee part of the changes in some ways.  I
have purchased bluetooth ear pieces on eBay and many times the seller sets
the buy it now price at $0.99 while the shipping is set at $19.95 or higher.
This way eBay sees a 99 cent sale and the seller gets most of the shipping.
To the buyer the cost is about what is expected, so what the heck, it is no
skin off of the buyers nose.  This happens all the time on eBay, so I am
sure they are trying to balance the sale price with reasonable shipping,
which of course increases their income.

At one point I considered opening a store to sell items on eBay for
customers.  I have already sold cars, airplanes, and many other fairly
expensive items for friends on eBay.  For these items it might be worth to
have a listing agent involved, but for the small items the cost to list the
item, pack the item, and then try to make enough money to cover the time to
prepare and post the ad on eBay is way more than the seller thinks is
reasonable.  And it is.

Tom
Portland

On 10/1/2008 10:50:55 PM, Peter Jones (dato1500 at hotmail.com) wrote:
> I had the same problem here in OZ.
> I sold a turbo to a person then he decided he did not want it. Still paid
> so
> product sent and then he opened a no as described claim in paypal. I won
> the
> claim as item sent was item listed but still could not leave a negative
> feedback. Contacted ebay and they are reveiwing sellers side of things.
> Now if
> a buyer wants to leave neg feedback it can be posted on ebay but will not
> be
> listed for 3 days and emails will be sent to buyer to confirm neg feedback
> be left.  Ebay have made it a little harder for buyer in feedback as they
> monitor how many negs they leave in a short period and will suspend them
> if to
> many left, but they have made it even harder for the seller to survive as
> if
> you get 3 strikes your out of action for a while. In australia we can
> still
> pay with all payment options and not just paypal and the Anti
> corruption
> Comission got involved and ruled against ebay/paypal. Same company so it
> can't
> be done here.
>
> Peter j> From: chalsted at comcast.net> To: datsun-roadsters at autox.team.net>
> Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 17:40:00 -0400> Subject: [Roadsters] OT- new ebay