[Roadsters] Need a part numer please

John F Sandhoff sandhoff at csus.edu
Sat Oct 4 21:37:41 MDT 2008

> I have the numbers for the tubes that connect the outer and inner
> calipers...

Word of warning that hopefully no longer applies.

Several years ago there were a batch of these metal lines that
came out of the factory wrong. I forget if it was the left or the
right side, but the part number for one side was placed on the
actual part for the other side. If you ordered one set - one right
and one left - you received two identical pipes.

Since most parts guys don't know these cars, it then became a bit
of a battle because in their mind you ordered the wrong part -
certainly the factory part number wasn't wrong...

This story is buried in the archives somewhere. As I say, it was many
years ago, but incorrectly labeled parts could still be out there.

ALSO, be sure to CAREFULLY remove the plastic protective sleeve
(don't nick or score the pipe). The pipe invisibly corrodes under
it and starts to leak. I didn't really believe it... until it
happened to me.

-- John
     John F Sandhoff sandhoff at csus.edu  Sacramento, CA