[Roadsters] Hand Throttle Cable Connection

dave daveandlindab at comcast.net
Wed Oct 8 20:20:56 MDT 2008

Hi Gary, my 69 has a clip, goes on from the back and secures both
cables.  I lost it while changing cables, to my EXTREME dismay.  I used
two 5/16" "split shot" fishing weights to trap the cable in the rod.
Basically pulled it tight and squeezed the fishing weight onto the cable
tight up against the rod, so it held the cable tight to the rod. I
needed right-angle needle nose pliers to reach. Drove it 800 miles so
far, had to re-squeeze once.

It's an interim solution, but safer than a bodged together clip.  I
figure if it jams in any way, the lead will just break off.  Time to get
out the magnet and check the drain grating in front of the garage.  I
could swear I have an extra clip in a junk box somewhere.

By the way, If anyone has one, I could use a spare clip too!

Dave Brisco