[Roadsters] Hand Throttle Cable Connection

robert k. smith rksmith46 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 9 21:38:50 MDT 2008

easy there tim,E,  i think most every body has tried using the hand throttle

for a cruise control at least once. and, according to their manual dexterity

and confidence, have decided: geez, never again! or, well, that was handy,

why didnt i think of that before ? im not kidding, but i am trying to be
humorous.

                    bob smith
                    69 srl311> Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 15:16:08 -0700> From:
tputland at charter.net> To: escanlon at wa-net.com;
datsun-roadsters at autox.team.net> Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Hand Throttle Cable
Connection> > IT WAS A BLOODY FU****G JOKE.> > > Tim> > > > ---- E Scanlon
<escanlon at wa-net.com> wrote: > > =============> If you think it is a "cruise
control" then avoid all the cable nonsense and > just put a BRICK on your
accelerator pedal.> It will be just as dangerous and, excuse my bluntness, ...
stupid.> > The Hand Throttle is used to keep the RPM up and the engine going
once the > Choke is no longer required.... and once the engine has started,
there is > little need for the Choke.> > Sorry Loren, while you may have had
the presence of mind to disengage it > during NORMAL driving, I wouldn't want
to be by you if you had to remove it > in an emergency.> > FWIW> E> > > -----
Original Message ----- > From: "Loren Berg"> Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Hand
Throttle Cable Connection> > > >I love my "cruise control". It came in mighty
handy driving Interstate 35> > from Dallas/Ft. Worth TX to Minneapolis MN.> >>
as tputland at charter.net> > Datsun-roadsters mailing list> >
http://www.team.net/archive> >