[Roadsters] Grooved Head!

Daryl Smith drlsmith at dccnet.com
Sun Oct 12 01:08:13 MDT 2008

"Singh Groove" that is............

The stock combustion chamber with the domed piston actually has a pretty good
squish area, when you stroke it and put in some flat top pistons, you throw
that out the window. In an effort to get some of the squish back, I had some
welding done.

Then, what the hell, I filed it like in this thread:
http://www.gofastnews.com/board/engine- ... -area.html

I read about this several years ago and was skeptical, even tho it was in a
well established magazine (Popular Science?). After reading more than my share
of forums about it, it comes down to: most people who have tried it seem to
think it works. some think it works well, some not so much. Of those that
think it works, most concede the biggest improvement is from idle to between
2-3000 rpm. I don't think I read anywhere where they said it hurt performance.
Seems more likely to help an older design like the roadster. SO, what the
hell. If it improves idle, and emissions I'll be happy. If I get some more
torque off idle I'll be happier.

I've put a picture in the 'Technical' photo gallery at 311s.org

If you would like a picture sent directly, shoot me an email!

Daryl